[WSBAPT] County to file Non-probate notice to creditors

Eric Nelsen Eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Mon Aug 17 16:16:27 PDT 2015

I think, given the link between the definition of "notice county" and payment of the filing fee to the clerk in that county, that one must file the Notice in the county where the Notice is to be published. See RCW 11.42.010(3)(a)(i)<http://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=11.42&full=true#11.42.010>. I agree it's best practice, to publish in the county of residence--but I think the statute literally allows the notice to be published in any county where probate could be commenced, because publication is to be in the "notice county." RCW 11.42.020(2)(b)<http://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=11.42&full=true#11.42.020>.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
SAYRE LAW OFFICES, PLLC