[WSBAPT] Title question

Heather deVrieze heatherd at westseattlelaw.com
Wed Apr 29 14:03:15 PDT 2015

I have had conversations with title companies on the issue of community property and JTWROS before. The end result of those conversations has generally been that a married couple can own property as JTWROS, or as Community Property (as husband and wife) but not both, that is, if a married couple wanted to own as JTWROS, it should clarify not only "and not as tenants in common", but also "nor as community property". I'm not sure that I entirely agree, but tend to find that the title companies drive this bus so to speak, and we do it the way they want to see it.

Heather

Heather S. de Vrieze
Attorney-at-Law
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D013C2.30F35160]
3909 California Avenue SW
Seattle, WA 98116-3705
(206)938-5500
heatherd at westseattlelaw.com<mailto:heatherd at westseattlelaw.com>
www.westseattlelaw.com<http://www.westseattlelaw.com/>

Click here to connect with de Vrieze | Carney on Facebook:   [FB Logo] <https://www.facebook.com/DeVriezeCarney>

CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED. This e-mail message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail message and any attachment.