[WSBAPT] ancillary probate question

Mike Winslow mike at winslegal.com
Fri Apr 17 11:50:10 PDT 2015

Have probate in Washington which is ancillary to probate in Arizona. I know
an ancillary probate is still a "probate".

In this case, there was one parcel of  WA real estate, now sold, and
proceeds received by PR, who is administering both probates.

PR has additional administration to do in Az and would like to just take the
money from Wa probate and put into estate account, then complete admin.
through the Az probate. We have non-intervention powers.

Would like to close up Wa probate by Dec of Compl., with notice to heirs
that money went to the PR to administer under the Az probate. So PR would
sign and file a receipt for the distribution from Wa probate, then follow
normal notice of dec of comp and dec of compl, with no distributions to
heirs yet.

It's Friday and I am feeling lazy, maybe, so thought I would inquire of the
list.

Is this permissible?

Michael A. Winslow
1204 Cleveland Ave.
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
Ph. 360-336-3321
Em. Mike at winslegal.com

This message is from an attorney, so it's confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, it's too late to stop reading this message, but you may
not use it for any improper purpose. Huge Disclaimer available upon request.