[WSBAPT] RCW 11.68.070 "citation into court" of the PR

Tom Stuen tomstuen at comcast.net
Tue Apr 7 16:38:41 PDT 2015

Hey:  You are retired!

Tom

From: wsbapt-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com
[mailto:wsbapt-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com] On Behalf Of Richard Wills
Sent: Tuesday, April 07, 2015 1:19 PM
To: WSBA Probate & Trust Listserv
Subject: Re: [WSBAPT] RCW 11.68.070 "citation into court" of the PR

Eric --- I've done numerous petitions for PR removals.  Up to several years
ago, I did a simple petition, giving notice, etc.  Whoops --- I came before
Comm'r B-J: "Counsel, the PR has NP, so the Court has no jurisdiction over
the PR.  You need to move the Court to issue a Citation to have the PR
appear, which gives the Court jurisdiction over the PR."  Furthermore, she
declined to accept my oral Motion, "No, I want a written Motion to Show
Cause, to issue the Citation."  Ever since then, my "Petitions to Remove PR"
have become "Motions to Show Cause re Removal of PR & to Issue Citation."
Good luck with yours.