[WSBAPT] International Client - Ethical Complications? Legal Complications?

David Faber david at faberfeinson.com
Tue Sep 2 10:06:24 PDT 2014

Good morning WSBAPT,

I have Canadian/American clients, a married couple, whose Canadian
attorney suggested they have two wills, one for Canadian assets and one
for American assets. I know the general rule-of-thumb is a single will,
but this is what they want.

Anyway, my question: The clients' only American asset is money. They each
have bank accounts in California. Do they need to move their money to a
Washington bank for me to write their wills? What about residency issues?
Basically, I'm trying to avoid the potential ethical and legal minefield
here.

Best,
David J. Faber
Faber Feinson PLLC
210 Polk Street, Suite 1
Port Townsend, WA 98368
(360) 379-4110

*** NOTICE: ATTORNEY CLIENT COMMUNICATION - PRIVILEGED & CONFIDENTIAL.
This communication may contain privileged or other confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, or believe that you
have received this communication in error, please do not print, copy,
retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information. Also, please
indicate to the sender that you have received this communication in error,
and destroy the copy you received.***

=======================

- To contact the list administrator, send a message to:
webmaster at wsbarppt.com

with the following in the body of the message: unsubscribe wsbapt - OR -
send a message to webmaster at wsbarppt.com asking that you be removed from
the wsbapt list.

Information provided on this list should not be considered legal advice.
As with all lists - let the reader beware! No warranties or
representations are made as to the accuracy of any information provided.
All opinions and comments in this message represent the views of the
author and do not necessarily have the endorsement of the Washington State
Bar Association nor its officers or agents.