[WSBAPT] Successor PR - Publishing Notice of Vacancy & Succession in Probate

Tom J. Westbrook tjw at w3net.net
Wed Nov 26 09:56:37 PST 2014

Hi Heather,

While I have not had this circumstance exactly, it seems to me from a
literal reading of the statute that the claims period does not start
over - only that you would have to give creditors notice. Seems to me if
no creditor's claims were filed within 4 months of the original Notice
to Creditors publication and your PR performed the necessary due
diligence to be sure there were no known creditors that did not receive
notice by mail or other service, that there are no longer any creditors
of the estate that would require notice of the new PR since any such
claims by them are already barred. But, that is just my logic which I
have learned over the years is not 100% reliable; just mostly.

Sincerely,

Tom

Thomas J. Westbrook

Attorney at Law

Thomas J. Westbrook, PLLC

PO Box 1

Littlerock, WA 98556

Olympia Office:

Evergreen Plaza Building

711 Capitol Way S.

Suite 101

Olympia, WA 98501

Telephone: 360-357-7400

Facsimile:  360-357-7414

Email:         tjw at w3net.net <mailto:tjw at w3net.net>

Skype: thomas.westbrook

The information contained in this email and attachment(s) are for the
exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain private, privileged
and/or confidential information.  If you are not the addressee, you are
strictly prohibited from reading, photocopying, distributing or
otherwise using this email or its contents in any way.  If you have
telephone at 360-357-7400 or by e-mail to cjw at w3net.net
<mailto:cjw at w3net.net> , and destroy the original message from your
electronic files.