[WSBAPT] TOD Deed upon death of Grantor

Paul Neumiller pneumiller at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 13 14:52:20 PST 2014

We'll all have to see how this works.  Any person can record a death
certificate by itself.  The law makes it clear that is all that is necessary
to transfer title.  The Island County Recorder's office does not ask the
person the reason for filing the death certificate (I just called them and
asked) so many a layman might just record the death certificate and not know
to file the tax affidavit.

Granted, it would make life easier for the beneficiary for the County to
have the correct billing information so real property taxes get paid.