[WSBAPT] Garnishment Served on Personal Representative

Craig Liebler cliebler at licbs.com
Wed Nov 5 08:59:16 PST 2014

Is it a specific bequest?  If so it is identifiable immediately;  If general bequest ie remainder, then would need to know what the attachment amount is and manage satisfaction out of eventual Cash distribution.  If not enough cash, then will need to manage among all heirs how to balance out if possible, or determine judgment heirs actual distributable share.
Often you do not get the attachment/garnishment until well after the family has taken the personal property, and if so attachment too late as to those interests, but would remain as to any interest yet to be distributed.
Craig L.