[WSBAPT] credit shelter trusts

Heather deVrieze heatherd at westseattlelaw.com
Fri May 23 14:54:09 PDT 2014

Josh,

This is why I use a disclaimer to fund the credit shelter trust.  The idea
of the surviving spouse being able to make the decision at the time is
attractive to my clients and more convenient when the time for funding
comes.  I include the power in the Personal Representative to elect QTIP
or partial QTIP treatment (and separate election for state and federal if
necessary) so that maximum tax savings can be accomplished.

Heather

Heather S. de Vrieze
Attorney-at-Law

3909 California Avenue SW

Seattle, WA 98116-3705

(206)938-5500

 <mailto:heatherd at westseattlelaw.com> heatherd at westseattlelaw.com

 <http://www.westseattlelaw.com/> www.westseattlelaw.com

CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED. This e-mail message may contain legally
privileged and/or confidential information.  If you have received this
e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all
copies of this e-mail message and any attachment.