[WSBAPT] International Foreign Guardian

Robert Maxwell Robert at moultray.com
Mon May 12 11:03:19 PDT 2014

I am a new attorney and was curious about 2 issues drafting a will.

1)      Does anyone have any advice or guidance on the issue of guardians
appointed who live outside the United States and whether or not it is a
viable option?

2)      I was curious about how a Will drafted in Washington holds-up
internationally? I know it is country dependent, but was more looking for
general advice on the matter and whether documents should be redrafted if
an individual moves abroad.

Thank you in advance,

Robert D. Maxwell

Associate Attorney

The Moultray Law Group

 <http://www.moultray.com/> www.Moultray.com

11661 SE 1st Street

Suite 100

Bellevue, WA 98005
Phone:  <tel:206-777-1435> 206-777-1435

E-Mail:  <mailto:Josh at Moultray.com> robert at moultray.com

**** CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING****

This email (including any attachments) is covered by the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act (ECPA), 18 U.S.C. 2510 – 2522. This e-mail may
contain CONFIDENTIAL and/or ATTORNEY-CLIENT PRIVILEGED material for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s).  Any review, use, distribution or
disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  Receipt by anyone other than
the individual recipient is NOT a waiver of attorney-client privilege. Any
violation of the ECPA is subject to the penalties stated therein. If you
are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the
recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all
copies of this message.

SPECIAL NOTICE TO CLIENT(S): If you are my client and this email is
directed to you, DO NOT FORWARD to any other party, or you could be
waiving the attorney-client privilege.

**** CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING****

=======================

- To contact the list administrator, send a message to:
webmaster at wsbarppt.com

with the following in the body of the message: unsubscribe wsbapt - OR -
send a message to webmaster at wsbarppt.com asking that you be removed from
the wsbapt list.

Information provided on this list should not be considered legal advice.
As with all lists - let the reader beware! No warranties or
representations are made as to the accuracy of any information provided.
All opinions and comments in this message represent the views of the
author and do not necessarily have the endorsement of the Washington State
Bar Association nor its officers or agents.