[WSBAPT] Rejecting creditor claim - lifetime membership in RV park

Josh Grant jgrant at accima.com
Wed Mar 12 16:41:51 PDT 2014

PR wants me to reject a $5700 creditor claim from a company that talked
his mom and step-father into signing a "lifetime membership" with $5000
down and quarterly dues.  Mom's estate is pending.  Step dad also signed
the contract and he died many years ago. I haven't reviewed the contract
yet, (it has been requested) however, I thought someone here might have
some generic advice in this situation.  Apparently the mom hadn't made a
payment for 10 years, and hadn't used the service which allows RV use at
their locations and other cooperating clubs.

The company does not allow any method to un-enroll from membership, and
has many nasty articles and complaints on the internet from members.

I believe there was a recent list serve suggestion that on joint credit
cards that the estate of one card holder could reject the claim.?

Also  this is such a bogus type of contract, maybe one can just reject the
claim because of "misrepresentation or fraud"?

This creditor was very quick about getting the creditor claim filed... so
they are familiar with that part of the procedure.  No idea of whether
they would file lawsuit within 30 days of the rejection of the claim.
Anyone have experiences one way or the other?

Thanks

Joshua F. Grant
Attorney at Law
P.O. Box 619
Wilbur, WA 99185

t 509 647 5578
f 509 647 2734

=======================

- To contact the list administrator, send a message to:
webmaster at wsbarppt.com

with the following in the body of the message: unsubscribe wsbapt - OR -
send a message to webmaster at wsbarppt.com asking that you be removed from
the wsbapt list.

Information provided on this list should not be considered legal advice.
As with all lists - let the reader beware! No warranties or
representations are made as to the accuracy of any information provided.
All opinions and comments in this message represent the views of the
author and do not necessarily have the endorsement of the Washington State
Bar Association nor its officers or agents.