[WSBAPT] Access to life insurance documentation

Eric Nelsen Eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Mon Mar 10 11:06:07 PDT 2014

Hi Rob--

With no probate started, anything you do will require a cause number.
Probably easiest to file a TEDRA action and proceed with discovery. If
stepdad won't disclose even in response to discovery, I'd suggest doing an
asset search on him, find his bank accounts and subpoena bank records to
look for deposits.

There are also some online companies that can do life insurance policy
searches. I don't know how comprehensive they are or how much they cost,
or if they can even locate a policy that has already been cashed in, but
it's another avenue to explore if litigation is not in the client's
budget.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen