[WSBAPT] Extra Pleadings & Proceedures with Minor Beneficiaries

Valerie Ohlstrom vohlstrom at comcast.net
Tue Mar 11 15:48:50 PDT 2014

Please answer to the list; thank you!

Very Truly Yours,

Val

Valerie O. Ohlstrom

Ohlstrom Law Office

 <mailto:vohlstrom at comcast.net> valerie at ohlstromlaw.com

 <http://www.ohlstromlaw.com/> www.ohlstromlaw.com

(425) 881-5251

From: wsbapt-owner at lists.wsbarppt.com
[mailto:wsbapt-owner at lists.wsbarppt.com] On Behalf Of Steve Waltar
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 11:03 AM
To: wsbapt at lists.wsbarppt.com
Subject: [WSBAPT] Extra Pleadings & Proceedures with Minor Beneficiaries

We are probating an estate in which there are specific $10,000
allocations/distributions to a few grandchildren.  There are very short
(HEMS to 25) trust provisions for any beneficiary under 25.  The PR is the
parent of the only two beneficiaries under 25: they are 14 & 16 years of
age.

1.       What extra pleadings do I need to present the judge/commissioner?

2.       Can I avoid appointing a guardian or at least a GAL and report?

3.       What, if any, special pleadings or requests can I make to the
judge/commissioner to appoint PR as Trustee of the two trusts for her
children?

a.       Do I have to set up blocked accounts?

b.      Can I set up UTMAs that function to age 25?

4.       Any advice?

Stephen M. Waltar, PS

 <http://www.waltar.com/>

Estate Planning Law

1750 - 112th Avenue NE, Suite C245

Bellevue, WA  98004

(425) 455-6788

 <http://www.waltar.com/> www.waltar.com

If we should be helping someone you care about, please don't keep us a
secret!

Circular 230 Warning:  This communication is not intended to constitute
tax advice and may not be used by any person or entity for the purpose of
avoiding penalties that may be imposed by the Internal Revenue Service.

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained herein and any
attachments are a private communication sent by the Law Firm of Stephen M.
Waltar, PS and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged
information meant solely for the intended recipient.  If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination,
distribution, forwarding or any form of copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately by replying to
this message, then delete the e-mail and any attachments from your system.

=======================

- To contact the list administrator, send a message to:
webmaster at wsbarppt.com

with the following in the body of the message: unsubscribe wsbapt - OR -
send a message to webmaster at wsbarppt.com asking that you be removed from
the wsbapt list.

Information provided on this list should not be considered legal advice.
As with all lists - let the reader beware! No warranties or
representations are made as to the accuracy of any information provided.
All opinions and comments in this message represent the views of the
author and do not necessarily have the endorsement of the Washington State
Bar Association nor its officers or agents.

- To contact the list administrator, send a message to: