[WSBAPT] Guardianship

Heather deVrieze heatherd at westseattlelaw.com
Tue Jul 22 09:21:20 PDT 2014

I think the bottom line here is that Guardianship proceedings are
generally presumed to be in the best interest of the AIP and their estate,
and unless and until there are contrary findings, the AIP’s assets are
responsible for the costs, unless they qualify for County pay.

This is part of my general recommendation to clients that they have and
keep current a General Durable Power of Attorney. Lacking that, a
guardianship will cost them money, privacy and control.

Heather

Heather S. de Vrieze
Attorney-at-Law

3909 California Avenue SW

Seattle, WA 98116-3705

(206)938-5500

 <mailto:heatherd at westseattlelaw.com> heatherd at westseattlelaw.com

 <http://www.westseattlelaw.com/> www.westseattlelaw.com

CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED. This e-mail message may contain legally
privileged and/or confidential information.  If you have received this
e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all
copies of this e-mail message and any attachment.