[WSBAPT] Order for release of remains

john at llllaw.net john at llllaw.net
Tue Jan 7 17:19:07 PST 2014

Thank you to all who replied.   I discussed the matter with the director
at Forest Lawn, who serves on the state board.  He was very knowledgeable
about the law, particularly RCW 68.50.160.   However, thanks to our
colleague Elena Garella, I directed him to RCW 18.39.   He responded with
a release letter which should do the trick.  As I can’t attach it to the
listserve, I have pasted it here:

            STATEMENT OF AGENT

I, xxxxxxxxxx, hereby represent that I am the appointed personal
representative of xxxxxxxxx (the “Decedent”).   The Decedent is survived
by, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and a xxxxxxxxx.  Both survivors are aware of the
passing of the Decedent, of the plans for burial, and of my handling of
the final disposition of the Decedent.   One survivor has executed the
necessary authorizations.  The other survivor, xxxxxxxxxxxxx has been
unresponsive to our repeated phone calls and after many requests has
refused to execute any paperwork, citing that he is grieving and prefers
to be left alone.

By signing below, I hereby represent that the Decedent has no other living
blood relative.  It was the Decedent’s wish to be buried, and for me to
handle the final disposition of the Decedent’s remains.  I have no reason
to believe that either survivor or anyone else would oppose the burial of
the Decedent and the final disposition of the Decedent’s remains.

I hereby authorize tttttttttttttttt (the “Cemetery”) to prepare and make
arrangements for the interment of the Decedent’s remains.  I agree to
release, indemnify and hold harmless the Cemetery, its affiliates and
owners, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees,
representatives, successors, subsidiaries, parents, agents and assigns
from any and all liabilities, claims or causes of action arising out of,
or in any way connected with burial of the Decedent’s remains, the final
disposition of the Decedent’s remains, my representations, authorization
and instructions contained herein.

Date: ________________________
____________________________________

Signature xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

WITNESSED BY:

Date: ________________________

Representative of Funeral Home

John G. Llewellyn

John G. Llewellyn, PLLC

Attorneys and Counselors at Law

4847 California Ave. SW, Suite 100

Seattle, WA  98116

PH (206) 923-2889

FX (206) 923-2892

The information contained in this electronic message is attorney
privileged and confidential intended only for the use of the owner of the
email address listed as the recipient of this message. If you are not the
intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering
disclosure, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error,
please notify us by telephone immediately at (206) 923-2889, and delete
the original message. Thank you.