[wsbapt] missing trust document

Mike Winslow mike at winslegal.com
Thu Jan 2 11:36:45 PST 2014

Lawyer in my office submitted the following inquiry:

Deceased had a Will and Irrevocable Trust created by Woodinville lawyer.
Son is PR and I have the original Will and deceased lived on Samish
Island. I tell son to get the Trust. Today he says the Woodinville lawyer
had a fire and the file was destroyed. Son is still looking at his
father's house for a copy or original, but to date we have nothing.

The Will leaves specific property, but the family home goes to the Trust
and the residuary goes to the Trust. Son thinks he was named as trustee,
but has no evidence.

The Will also says "remote contingent distribution" goes to a Family
Foundation.

If we cannot find the Trust, copy or original, what are the options?

Any thoughts on how to address the missing trust document, especially if
there is no knowledge of the dispositive provisions?

Michael A. Winslow
1204 Cleveland Ave.
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
Ph. 360-336-3321
Em. Mike at winslegal.com

This message is from an attorney, so it’s confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, it’s too late to stop reading this message, but you
may not use it for any improper purpose. Huge Disclaimer available upon
request.

- To contact the list administrator, send a message to:
wsbapt-owner at listserv.nethelps.com