[WSBAPT] PR discretion - charitable gift in will

Doug Schafer schafer at pobox.com
Thu Jan 30 13:44:59 PST 2014

Ponder this.  Gus refers to the personal representative as "PC", that I
interpret as "potential client."  Assume that the PC was named in the will
as personal representative, but has not yet been appointed by the court.
Assume that at the face-to-face meeting, the PC, having sole possession of
the original will, declines to engage Gus, but later engages another
lawyer and becomes the court-appointed PR after swearing that no will has
been found. So in an intestate distribution, the charity would receive
nothing.

If Gus learns of this fraud, could Gus report anything to anybody
consistent with the RPCs?

Doug Schafer