[WSBAPT] Administrator duty to search for indications of pre-death unfiled tax returns?

Tom Stuen tomstuen at comcast.net
Thu Dec 11 17:13:46 PST 2014

Eric:  I use a form 5495 request for release.  And obtain a transcript if it
appears that tax returns were not filed.  I think the PR is responsible for
taxes to the extent of funds distributed to beneficiaries.  I once
represented an estate where the deceased received a deficiency notice 9
years after he had failed to file.

                Tom Stuen