[WSBAPT] TOD Deeds

Paul Neumiller pneumiller at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 11 15:48:06 PST 2014

Listservers: Has anyone done the following yet?

Client wants to use a Transfer on Death Deed to transfer residence to Able,
and if Able is deceased or disclaims the residence (RCW 64.80.110 says the
beneficiary may disclaim), then residence goes to Baker.  RCW
64.80.100(1)(b) says the transfer "lapses" if the beneficiary fails to
survive the transferor.  Does the collective mind of the listserv believe
that it would be an effective TODD if I put:  "To Able, and if Able either
fails to survive me or chooses to disclaim Able's beneficiary interest in
this Revocable Transfer Upon Death Deed pursuant to RCW 64.80.110, then to
Baker."???  Thanks for your input.