[WSBAPT] Court waiving bond? --- Bond Denied?

Richard Wills richardwills at washington-probate.com
Tue Aug 19 11:59:31 PDT 2014

I've had numbers of probates in King with only D's home.  Without a Bond
waiver, the Court has uniformly for me ordered a $10K bond & the insertion
in the Order Appointing that the net proceeds of sale of the home shall be
deposited [either in a blocked account or in the Court Registry, and as
the years have passed, it's been less in a blocked account & more in the
Court Registry].  This presumes that the probate is opened soon after
death, as the Court often asks about DSHS liability, & if the two-year
claims period hasn't run, a Bond will be an almost certainty, at least for
me.  Lincoln County, here we come!  If it's any consolation, my
experience in Pierce is worse, where I've had the Court order Bond in the
amount of the value of the home even with a Bond waiver.