[Vision2020] Senator? Foreman

Roger Hayes rhayesmoscowid at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 10:42:27 PST 2023

State Senator Foreman has introduced 3 pieces of legislation into the State
Affairs Committee each one another zany and destructive idea that is
horrible for our state.
1-  Basically repeal the 1927 law prohibiting armed unsanctioned militias
from organizing and parading around our cities and towns with military
grade weapons. He implies that law enforcement thinks this a good idea. I
doubt that any reasonable law enforcement officer would agree that having
citizens walking around with heavy weapons is great for society.
2- Forcing colleges and universities to allow guns on campuses. Yea, the
professors, administrators, and students are going to get comfortable with
students bringing guns to classes.
3-Declaring it unlawful for cities or towns to call themselves "sanctuary"
cities for immigrants. Uh, Dan, even you said this is a non-issue for
Idaho. So why?
We are stuck with this man for the next several years. Best we can do is
hope that the larger body of legislators will see these ideas for what they
are, just mean spirited by a man with a twisted view of what Idaho is or
should be.
Roger Hayes