[Vision2020] Caturday (February 26, 2023)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Feb 25 05:24:46 PST 2023

A local organization that rehomes the beloved felines of seniors who need to move to long-term care facilities and those who are terminally ill is celebrating an important milestone - their 100th adoption. Welcome to Caturday.

—————————————————

My Grandfather's Cat marks milestone adoption
The local charity has now rehomed 100 beloved pets of seniors and those who are terminally ill
A local organization that rehomes the beloved pets of seniors who need to move to long-term care facilities and those who are terminally ill is celebrating an important milestone.

My Grandfather's Cat recently completed its 100th adoption.

"It started when my grandfather passed away," founder Angela Rafuse to CityNews Halifax. "He left behind his 14-year-old grumpy calico cat named Mackenzie."

Rafuse felt if the cat was surrendered to a shelter, because of her age and attitude, the odds of Mackenzie finding new loving home would be slim.

With no one else in the family available to take her in, Mackenzie moved in with Rafuse, who then started posting videos of the snarling cat to TikTok.

"The more I shared our story, the more I realized so many other families went through this, so I decided to start this charity to help," she explained.

That was less than two years ago, and since then, in addition to finding second homes for 100 cats, the registered charity now has 28 volunteers coast-to-coast and has even been featured in People Magazine.

Find out more about My Grandfather's Cat here.

http://www.MoscowCares.net

“A stranger is just a friend you haven’t met.”
- Roy E. Stolworthy