[Vision2020] An Equality Rap

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Nov 5 05:00:33 PDT 2022

An Equality Rap

by Lucy Parsons

It's hard to understand the world of today,
I sometimes question the message to kids we convey.
We pretend we're all equal and have the same rights,
Whether you're a boy or a girl or if you're black or white,
It's not true, it's fake, it's a pretend game they play,
They talk of the issues being equal, they play,
With our hearts, with our minds and news from day to day,
But the truth is we're not, it's a truth they won't say.
Do you see yourself as a boy or a girl? do you like the same sex or just give it a whirl?
It's doesn't really matter how you see how you are,
There's always judgement surrounding the  "unknown," or "bizarre"
This oppression is old yet people cling to the idea,
A thought process which is bound by their "what if" fear,
Why must women run around with big problems and situations?
While men run around like big kids with temptation?
Women get paid less money for doing the same job,
While men lavish their wages paying for a blowjob,
From a desperate women with a family to feed,
Yet she's prayed by those with a ravenous greed,
While behind closed doors there's a child being beating and hurt,
His face is all bruised from being pushed in the dirt,
By bullies who beat cos they don't understand,
what's happening at home and no one makes a stand,
For this poor little boy can no longer take,
The aggression and hurt that he had to take,
From day to day his confidence gets from worse to worse,
So goes back to his bedroom to end his own curse,
Then the papers print money from the boy who fell,
Those ravenous greedies laughing their way to hell,
It's upsetting to look the truth in face,
When there's so much going wrong in this concrete place,
Which we all call home it's more like a disgrace,
Everywhere you look there's a charity case.

So if you want to spread an equality message,
Get up,
Find your voice,
Get a mic,
And express it.

http://www.MoscowCares.net

“A stranger is just a friend you haven’t met.”
- Roy E. Stolworthy