[Vision2020] Another Mass Shooting in America

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri May 27 05:13:53 PDT 2022

Another Mass Shooting in America

Author unknown

School shooting…x number of dead, x injured” is always used
The thread is a weekly common report in the news
Then the outpour of condolences come from everywhere
Some asking questions, mad and sad and offering prayer

‘Round here, a mass shooting seems to an ongoing theme
It’s part of the 2nd Amendment and the American Dream
While grieving parents in horror are left wondering why
In harrowing pain when their babies senselessly die

I survived a civil war but this shit is beyond comprehensible
Lives are being taken away like they’re so dispensable
Mental health and gun control are a big part of a broken system
And in the aftermath all we ask, how could we have missed 'em?

And it happens in the promised land, over and over again
Gun violence and bloodshed seemingly have no end
The world has gotten fucked up with flawed laws and legislation
But the money flowing into deep pockets drives the narration

It’s like a “God-given right” in the bedrock of the democracy
“Life, liberty and pursuit of happiness” now sounds like hypocrisy
When the lives of innocent children are hastily taken away
The soul of our society slowly withers every single day

‘Round here, the topic divides parties when people have bickered
And if you mention gun control many get easily triggered
You won’t believe how some get offended it’s like removing a limb
Soon they’re up in arms and the situation gets more grim

But these little boys and girls will never grow old
It’s the same tragedy that gets told and re-told
They never had a chance to share or lend their voice
Pro-life ‘round here seems to mean removing their choice

When the fuck will this end, how the fuck did we get here?
As a father I sympathize with those parent’s worst fears
What nightmare must they be going through today, tonight
For the rest of their lives when their babies lost their light

Tonight hold your children or grandchildren when they go to bed.
Hug them a little tighter with a kiss in their head
Think of those heartbroken parents full of sorrow
And pray for them because their pain will continue tomorrow.

http://www.MoscowCares.net

“A stranger is just a friend you haven’t met.”
- Roy E. Stolworthy