[Vision2020] "Florida Advances 'Don't Say Gay' Bill Re: Libraries

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 17:13:34 PDT 2022

https://www.boisestatepublicradio.org/politics-government/2022-03-26/5th-times-a-charm-idaho-legislature-passes-library-commission-budget

>From website above:

"At issue was the belief that libraries across Idaho made “obscene” and
“harmful” materials available to minors, *including books that describe
masturbation, other sexual acts and promote LGBTQ acceptance
<https://t.co/hSYHhINBZS>*."
--------------------------------------
Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett

Are they attempting to ",,,root out independent thought."  as Roger Hayes
wrote.  Or "LGBTQ acceptance?", as the source above describes it?

I recently watched part of the Hulu "television" (what's that?  Ha, ha...)
series based on Margaret Atwood's novel "The Handmaid's Tale,".Season 1, at
least as far as I could tolerate it, till the horror became too real!

How real?  Literally real events happening in America, as described below.

There was a scene with a handmaid being questioned about another handmaid
who was suspected of same sex sexual behavior.  The handmaid being
questioned used the word "gay."  She was admonished that that word is not
used.

Then this recent development appeared, referenced below, as though
following the script for the drama discussed above.  Margaret Atwood is a
genius!

https://www.hrw.org/news/2022/02/17/florida-advances-dont-say-gay-bill?gclid=Cj0KCQjw_4-SBhCgARIsAAlegrWkZCDZMJA5N7wNT01Xqi9hHopzg523hcAnQeVRi9tECW1Cn5-foQcaAj2SEALw_wcB#

Florida Advances 'Don’t Say Gay' Bill

Troy and Mitchell of Latah County voted to slash the state's library