[Vision2020] The People's House Under Siege

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Mar 23 05:00:47 PDT 2022

The People's House Under Siege

Author unknown

January 6, 2021 was a dark and sad day
Like a wayward traveler had lost his way
White privilege of grievance reared its ugly head
The transformation of chaos left five people dead

Our better angels of a reasonable people, witnessed tyranny
Simply distressing that many believe in conspiracies
Satan has brainwashed the weakest mind
As we move through the destruction, never to find

As democracy's norms were mildly shattered
The President carried on as nothing mattered
Some say that the Capitol intrusion was preplanned
Strange how the security protections were under manned

Many raise the question, what if the perpetrators were Black
We of conscience, know that the results would be different
Black people have endured abuse and mistreatment for 250 years
We have learned that America have two systems of justice

An example, Rev. Warnock arrested in 2017 at the Capitol for praying
Yet, white privilege, not once was approached for straying
Yesterday's events widened my eyes and focused my perspective
This country has two Americas for its people respectively

I felt compelled to document my thoughts for the record
The disarray that occurred on American soil, with animosity
Those responsible for the uninvited carnage, shall be held to account
If people are not made to answer, Americas' stress and tension will mount.

http://www.MoscowCares.net

“A stranger is just a friend you haven’t met.”
- Roy E. Stolworthy