[Vision2020] Latah County Sawmill and Crew . . .

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Sat Mar 19 13:20:33 PDT 2022

On 3/19/22 06:41, Tom Hansen wrote:
> . . . 1895
>
> http://www.tomandrodna.com/Photos/Latah_County/Latah_County_Sawmil_and_Crew_1895.jpg

It's not often that one views a photograph of pipe-smoking peavey
users.  My father's father, and at least one of his sons, were at
various points in their lives, peavey users for compensation, and
sawmill workers, too.  I have limited my peavey experience to an
understanding of its operation, though I have vivid memories of sawmill
green chain and dry chain labor during summer "vacations."  The sawmills
are gone, and so are most of their former workers, roused only by
black-and-white photographs of long-gone days.

Ken