[Vision2020] For A Soldier

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Mar 13 05:29:16 PDT 2022

For A Soldier
Author unknown

When you wake up in the morning or stay up nights on end,
Know that your sister is here till the very end.
When you gather your equipment and grasp your gun,
Know that you're loved, brother, uncle, son.

When you think of the memories we all shared before,
Think of the future and know that there'll be more.
When you look at pictures and see your wife,
I want you to smile brother because she is your life.

When you're hurting inside 'cause you think you've done wrong,
Lift your head up and remember you're strong.
When you fire your weapon and see injuries dead,
Please hold on tight; don't let it go to your head

When you leave from there and you're packed for home,
I want you to think back and know you weren't alone.
When you see us and we hold you tight,
I will smile and tell you that you held up a fight.

Be strong; I know you can do this.
Because when this is over, your life will be full of bliss.

http://www.MoscowCares.net

“A stranger is just a friend you haven’t met.”
- Roy E. Stolworthy