[Vision2020] The Beloved Community

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Mar 11 05:00:50 PST 2022

The Beloved Community

Author unknown

I see a world of people from every land.
People from every race and culture standing hand in hand.
We are a part of one family. Each person is a sister and brother.
Since we are bound together, let us support each other.
As the human family, let us walk together in unity.
Together, we can make the world a beloved community.

Acts of hatred and cruelty tears at each person’s heart.
These acts shatters lives and break the human family apart.
Some in the family suffer many hardships and despair.
They need support and to feel from the family love and care.
May the desire for peace and healing bring us together in unity.
When we show justice and compassion, we build the beloved community.

I dream of a world where hatred and injustice fade away.
This is a world where peace shines upon all its bright ray.
May there be a time when conflicts are no longer settled by war.
This is a world where love, peace and justice reign forevermore.
My dream is for a world where people are treated with dignity.
And can use their gifts to build the beloved community.

Treat others fairly and try to live with them in harmony.
Have patience with others, no matter how difficult it might be.
If you desire to see a better world, it starts with you.
Don’t grumble about how bad things are. Get busy! There is much to do.
Be a person who brings positive change and works for peace and unity.
You can help to transform the world into a beloved community.

May the day come when love flows down like a mighty stream.
And the bright light of brotherhood shines its bright beam.
That will be the day when people will come together from every land and race.
They will stand together and as one people, praise God for his grace.
On that day, they will come together in love and unity.
They will put away all conflicts and come together as a beloved community.

http://www.MoscowCares.net

“A stranger is just a friend you haven’t met.”
- Roy E. Stolworthy