[Vision2020] Caturday (June 18, 2022)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Jun 18 05:13:23 PDT 2022

 A former vet tech created a mobile cat adoption lounge in February. So far, she has found 33 cats a new home. She said there's nothing better than seeing a cat go home with a loving family. Welcome to Caturday.

Courtesy of WTSP (Tampa, Florida) at:

https://www.wtsp.com/article/news/local/mobile-cat-adoption-lounge-tampa-bay-florida/67-3aad8bf2-40b3-48f6-897b-ac98f1d2125b?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

————————————————-

Mobile cat adoption lounge owner aims to help stray cat population

Janette DeLoach said she knew she wanted to create a way to help stray animals before ending up in a kill shelter
POLK COUNTY, Fla — A former vet tech created a mobile cat adoption lounge in Polk County. Her goal is to reduce the number of stray cats that end up in kill shelters.

“Animal control usually takes them but unfortunately they have to euthanize a lot of them," Janette DeLoach, owner of the lounge called Botany Cats, said.

DeLoach said she got her inspiration from seeing different cat cafes opening up.

“I made it a little different. I made it mobile so that I can go to farmers' markets and different businesses like cafes and breweries,” she said.

DeLoach started the lounge back in February. So far, she has found 33 cats a new home. She said there's nothing better than seeing a cat go home with a loving family.

“Every cat is unique and special and they all deserve a good home," she said.
DeLoach said she has been getting calls every day from people in the Tampa Bay area who have found stray cats.

"Everywhere you go you see a cat on the street," she explained.

As long as DeLoach has space available, she tries to take the cats in. She gets them vaccinated, neutered and spayed.

"Our goal is to just take in as many cats as we can and find as many homes as we can as fast as we can," DeLoach said.

If you are interested in adopting, you can make a reservation online to visit the cats. Adopting one of the cats does cost a fee and you must provide the required information that can be found on the website.

“Caturday” by Linus Petit
http://www.tomandrodna.com/MoscowCares/Caturday/Caturday_by_Linus_Petit.mp3

http://www.MoscowCares.net

“A stranger is just a friend you haven’t met.”
- Roy E. Stolworthy