[Vision2020] Republicans Support Democracy in Ukraine as Long as It Does Not Spread to U.S. (SATIRE)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Feb 22 15:11:19 PST 2022

Courtesy of the New Yorker at:

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/republicans-support-democracy-in-ukraine-as-long-as-it-does-not-spread-to-us

————————————————
Republicans Support Democracy in Ukraine as Long as It Does Not Spread to U.S.

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In a powerful statement, Republican congressional leaders said that they strongly support democracy in Ukraine, as long as it does not spread to the United States.
“Vladimir Putin should make no mistake,” the G.O.P. statement read. “We Republicans will do everything in our power to preserve democracy in Ukraine, and to keep it over there.”

Drawing a line in the sand, the Republicans argued that democracy “must be allowed to thrive within the territorial borders of Ukraine and should not be permitted to leak out into Florida, Texas, or Georgia.”

Calling Russian aggression “a slippery slope,” the G.O.P. declared, “If Vladimir Putin is allowed to undermine democratic norms in Ukraine, he will be emboldened to attack our proud American traditions of gerrymandering, disenfranchisement, and voter suppression.”

http://www.MoscowCares.net

“A stranger is just a friend you haven’t met.”
- Roy E. Stolworthy