[Vision2020] The World Could Be

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Feb 13 05:01:12 PST 2022

The World Could Be

by Alan L. Nager MD, MHA
Director of Emergency and Transport Medicine at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles

We live in a world that’s confusing at best
Sifting through information, we’re put to the test

There’s so much complexity in every sphere
Opinions, and narratives uniquely appear

Ideas may be radical, and some astray
Many are provocative, bound to dismay

People are divided by religion and race
With friction and differences, so commonplace

Color and gender are some other forms
With multiple perspectives and dynamic norms

The vital question is what do we need
Amid angst and despair, we feel, indeed

People are emotional with frustration and fear
Doubting that solutions will ever be here

Individuals are hurting and the pain is great
Yet, blame and inaction tend to dominate

Injustices and judgements appear complex and true
Begging for respect, a completely fresh view

New rules of engagement are what we need
To gain trust and acceptance, a path to succeed

If bigotry and indifference could be buried away
Then, hope and energy would bring a meaningful day

Relationships could be warmer and comforting too
Honoring each other could be fulfilling and new

With biases recognized, managed with care
No doubt, common kinship would soon fill the air

Where hatred is gone and attitude measured
The beauty of togetherness could all be treasured

If life was aligned, the world could be
A new special place for you and me.

http://www.MoscowCares.net

“A stranger is just a friend you haven’t met.”
- Roy E. Stolworthy