[Vision2020] On Being Brought from Africa to America

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Feb 3 05:00:57 PST 2022

On Being Brought from Africa to America
by Phyllis Wheatley (1753-1784)

'Twas mercy brought me from my Pagan land,
Taught my benighted soul to understand
That there's a God, that there's a Saviour too:
Once I redemption neither sought nor knew.

Some view our sable race with scornful eye,
"Their colour is a diabolic die."
Remember, Christians, Negros, black as Cain,
May be refin'd, and join th' angelic train.

—————-

Born around 1753, Phillis Wheatley was the first black poet in America to publish a book.

http://www.tomandrodna.com/Photos/Phyllis_Wheatley.jpg

“The World is Black.  The world is White” by Three Dog Night
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDh0FiGfgtk

http://www.MoscowCares.net

“A stranger is just a friend you haven’t met.”
- Roy E. Stolworthy