[Vision2020] Weather Underground 83843 predicts minus 26 degrees F Thursday 12-22-2022

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 18:11:38 PST 2022

I witnessed on my porch thermometer minus 25 F. the morning of Thurs, Dec
22, 2022.  But this temp.is from about nine miles east of Moscow, where
temps. are often 5-10 degrees F. colder in the winter than in the city of
Moscow.

But this is not even close to the minus 42 below zero F for Moscow Idaho on
Dec. 30, 1968:  Maybe this content will display correctly:

The hearsay evidence I was referencing was yours, not weather.com's:

*I was attending Moscow High School (believe it or not) in 1968 and many
reports of temperatures 40 F. below zero and lower were reported locally.*

 I was just saying that that is good enough for me since I trust your
observations. Just because it is hearsay it does not mean that it is wrong.
I just could not find that temp in the 'records' of the NWS or on
wunderground.com. But if you saw it, and given our agreement about local
variability, then I am happy to accept it as The Record.

But I found it! This is probably where weather.com gets their numbers from.
Local variability could easily explain the 10 degree difference between the
airport (NWS) observation and the UI observation.

*Station:* MOSCOW U OF I
*State:* ID *County:* LATAH *Standard Time:* PACIFIC
*Record of Climatological Observations*
*These data are quality controlled and may not be identical to the original
observations*
*Observation Time* *Temperature:* 1800 *Precipitation:* 1800
*(LST)* *Evaporation:*
*Soil:*

*Preliminary*

*Year*

*Month*

*Day* *Temperature (°F)* *Precipitation (see **)* *Evaporation* *Soil
Temperature (°F)*
24 hrs. ending
at observation
time
at
n 24 Hour Amounts ending
at observation time At Observation
Time 24 Hour
Wind Movement
(miles) Amount of
Evaporation
(Inches & hundredths) 4 inch depth 8 inch depth
Max. Min. Rain, melted
snow, etc.
(Inches &
hundredths) F
g Snow,
ice pellets,
(Inches &
tenths) F
g Snow,
ice pellets,
hail, ice
on ground
(Inches) Ground Cover
(see *) Max. Min. Ground Cover
(see *) Max. Min.

1968
1968
1968
1968
1968
1968
1968
1968
1968
1968
1968
1968
1968
1968
1968
1968
1968
1968
1968
1968
1968
1968
1968
1968
1968
1968
1968
1968
1968
1968
1968
12
12
12
12
12
12
12
12
12
12
12
12
12
12
12
12
12
12
12
12
12
12
12
12
12
12
12
12
12
12
12
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
35
33
42
40
35
34
38
40
48
53
44
43
38
41
38
38
34
32
29
23
22
25
35
38
38
32
36
35
5
-9
10
28
26
30
30
25
24
26
34
34
35
32
24
22
29
32
31
27
24
23
-4
-4
13
24
33
27
21
29
4
-16
-42
-25
30
31
40
32
30
32
35
34
38
44
34
24
29
37
35
33
29
26
23
14
17
24
34
36
31
29
34
4
-15
-12
4
0.35
0.14
0.02
0.29
0.09
0
0
0.09
0.01
0.11
0.92
0.03
0
0
0
0.06
0
0.15
0.06
0
0.06
0.01
0.12
0.16
0.14
0.13
0.51
0
0
0.12

4.0
2.0
0
0.5
1.3
0
0
0
0
0
2.2
1.0
0
0
0
0.5
0
2.4
1.7
0
1.0
0.5
1.0
0
0
9999.9
15.0
0
0
3.0

3
4
1
1
1
1
1
0
0
0
1
1
1
1
1
2
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
3
17
17
17
20

Summary 33.1 19.2   3.57   36.1
*The '*' flags in Preliminary indicate the data have not completed
processing and quality control and may not be identical to the original
observation*
*All 9's (e.g. 999999, 99999.9, etc.) in the data column indicate that the
value was not received or is missing*
**Ground Cover: 1=Grass; 2=Fallow; 3=Bare Ground; 4=Brome grass; 5=Sod;
6=Straw mulc; 7=Grass muck; 8=Bare muck; 0=Unknown*
***T=TRACE. A=Accumulated amount since last measure. B=Accumulated amount
includes estimated values. S=Included in a subsequent value. E=Estimated
amount.*