[Vision2020] DeSmog Info on Wille Soon & Realclimate.org 11-29-22: "Serious mistakes found in recent paper by Connolly et al."

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 21:32:00 PST 2022

https://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2022/11/serious-mistakes-found-in-recent-paper-by-connolly-et-al/

>From the Realclimate article:

The problem is obvious when you look at the statistical results below, with
temperature data (T) in black (NH = northern hemisphere), estimated solar
effect in blue and human effect in orange*.

[image: image.png]

Obviously, no blue line explains “most” of the warming.

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2000 through life
plus 70 years, Ted Moffett.  Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce
outside the Vision2020.Moscow.com <http://vision2020.moscow.com/> forum
without the express written permission of the author.*****

Notting the authors of the peer reviewed climate science paper discussed in
this RealClimate.org article, I knew immediately, without reading the
Realclimate content, that at least one of the co-authors, Wilie Soon, was a
well known fossil fuel industry supported scientist:
https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1674-4527/21/6/131
How much has the Sun influenced Northern Hemisphere temperature trends? An
ongoing debate

Ronan Connolly1,2, *Willie Soon1*, Michael Connolly2, Sallie Baliunas3, Johan
Berglund4, C. John Butler5, Rodolfo Gustavo Cionco6,7, Ana G. Elias8,9, Valery
M. Fedorov10, Hermann Harde11, Gregory W. Henry12, Douglas V. Hoyt13, Ole
Humlum14, David R. Legates15, Sebastian Lüning16, Nicola Scafetta17, Jan-Erik
Solheim18, László Szarka19, Harry van Loon20, Víctor M. Velasco
Herrera21, Richard
C. Willson22, Hong Yan (艳洪)23 and Weijia Zhang24,25

---------------------------------

https://www.desmog.com/willie-soon/
Fossil Fuel Funding

As part of a March 2018 legal case
<https://insideclimatenews.org/news/20032018/climate-change-denial-monckton-soon-koonin-california-cities-lawsuit-judge-science-tutorial>
between
the cities of San Francisco and Oakland and fossil fuel companies, Soon was
asked to disclose any connections he had to connected parties. He offered
the following response
<https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4417034-Soon-Et-Al-Respond-to-Judges-Question-3-20-2018.html>
(emphasis added):

“I have not received any funding for the climate-sensitivity research led
by Christopher Monckton of Brenchley. In the past, I have received
scientific research grants from Exxon-Mobil Foundation, Southern Company
and the Charles G. Koch Foundation for my work on various topics, including
scientific research on the Sun-climate connection.” [98]
<https://www.desmog.com/willie-soon/#s98>