[Vision2020] The Indifferent and the Proud

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Aug 26 05:00:18 PDT 2022

The Indifferent and the Proud

Author unknown

In the Sea of Vast Indifference,
Everything is white and gray,
Its where children's hearts are forced to play,
On down the sea of Vast Indifference is the Coast of Inequality,
Its where wars are born,
Where hearts are torn,
And where hate is conceived,
Off the Coast of Inequality if the Fields of Prejudice,
It is where the innocent is taunted,
Where the blood is shed,
Where stray hearts are led,
It is where I thought my heart belonged,
But then I met him,
He taught me better ways,
How to accept and how to be gentle,
So I joined the other side,
Then we are forced into the Town of Pain,
Thats where I slit my wrists and called out his name,
Where I thought I should live my life in shame,
We where thrown into the City of Fear,
We were kept prisoners there,
Thats where my eyes where filled with tears,
Where he held me near,
Those who were brave broke their chains,
They paint the town the color of the rainbow,
The brave defend themselves and they fought well,
Me in him locked ourselves away in a small dark room,
To hide our selves away from judgment's doom,
We kept our love in secret,
And we dared not speak it,
then one day we broke out of the room and looked out our window,
The City of Fear no longer exists,
Our town is no longer white and gray,
We now call it the City of the Proud,
Its where I love him and he loves me,
Its where I learned to be proud of me,
It is where I learned to be me.

http://www.MoscowCares.net

“A stranger is just a friend you haven’t met.”
- Roy E. Stolworthy