[Vision2020] Ahhhh, San Francisco . . .

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Apr 14 07:53:15 PDT 2022

You gotta love San Francisco.

This reminds me of . . . back in my Army days . . . when I was stationed at the Presidio of San Francisco.

When we first arrived in San Francisco, Rodna and I cruised around town looking for a local tavern to “adopt”.  We came to the Moonshiner tavern (corner of Fifth and Clement).  When we walked up to the tavern’s entrance we noticed three guys sitting at the curb sharing a joint and waving at the police as they drove by.  The police waved back.  Welcome to San Francisco.

Courtesy of San Francisco Travel at:

https://www.sftravel.com/article/evergreen-san-francisco-brings-week-cannabis-events?utm_source=Leisure_eNews_2022_04_14&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=destination101

—————————————————

EVERGREEN SAN FRANCISCO BRINGS A WEEK OF CANNABIS EVENTS

San Francisco has been no stranger to cannabis. For most people, it's synonymous with the city and its special place in cultural history.

Cannabis was as much a part of San Francisco's Summer of Love as tie-dye and rock and roll, and that moment in time defined a generation. Cannabis is also emblematic of how San Francisco has always been ready to embrace and accept what the rest of the country didn't understand or outright feared. From gay rights to environmentalism, HIV/AIDs activism to bold new technologies, San Francisco has led the way in making seemingly controversial ideas part of the mainstream.

Since being legalized for recreational use, cannabis culture in San Francisco has exploded into a wide variety of products and experiences. The quality and diversity of what's offered, the luxuriousness of the experience, and the knowledge of local "budtenders" is what sets our cannabis community apart. You can see it all for yourself during the first annual Evergreen San Francisco event.

Evergreen San Francisco, happening from Apr. 16 to Apr. 24, celebrates the City’s trend-setting cannabis scene and highlights complementary wellness and sensory experiences throughout the city. Visitors can explore San Francisco's cannabis shops and lounges and learn about cannabis history in San Francisco. Each of the participating retailers is located in a vibrant corridor of one of our many unique neighborhoods.

Events include book signings, nature hikes, and immersive art installations. Here are just a few of them:

Green Dream Cannabis Tours

All month long, you can learn about the origins and the history of cannabis, tour a dispensary with a dab bar, and visit major points of interest for the cannabis industry on these fascinating half-day excursions.

Pickin' on the Polk

On Apr. 15 and 16, Polk Street will come alive with musical performances all through the neighborhood. Artists include The Rainbow Girls, The Rowan Brothers, and Manifest. Stroll from one performance to the next, stopping at as many of Polk Street's fantastic restaurants as you like.

Joy Reserve Maker's Market

On Apr. 16 at San Francisco's Westfield Centre, this Maker's Market will feature live music, local craftsmen and artists, and highlight some of the best of the best cannabis and hemp brands available in California.

Super San Francisco Almost 4/20 Adventure Time Tour

Embark on the stoniest, smokiest, entertainment-packed, action-filled Infused City Cruise to ever grace the streets of San Francisco! Led by comedian and host Ngaio Bealum, this tour takes you to historic and culturally relevant landmarks that make up the cannabis landscape and cannabis legalization movement in San Francisco, and guarantees deep discounts and a menu of special offers at all the cannabis lounges on the tour. The tour begins at noon on Apr. 16.

Collective High Scavenger Hunt

"High, San Francisco!" is an interactive cannabis scavenger hunt. Scavenger hunt clues lead participants to iconic locations and stops throughout the city that highlight significant cannabis moments in San Francisco's history. Apr. 16.

"The Big Lebowski" at The Balboa Theater

The cult classic film, starring Jeff Bridges, Julianne Moore, John Goodman, John Turturro, and Steve Buscemi, will be screened at The Balboa Theater at 4:20 p.m. on Apr. 20.

Gathering at Hippie Hill

Channel the spirit of the Summer of Love and join the Bay Area cannabis community in Golden Gate Park on Apr. 20. This event takes place at the iconic Hippie Hill. This historic patch of grass has played host to the Bay Area’s most well-known and well-attended cannabis event for decades.

Cannabis Panel at Manny's

Manny's is bringing in two leaders in the Bay Area cannabis world to talk about the current state of the cannabis industry. All of it! The good, the bad, and the ugly. Wondering how things have changed since cannabis became legal?What's it like for dispensaries in the City these days? How has California's progressive actions in weed legalization changed the game for the rest of the nation? All these questions and more will be discussed on Apr. 20.

Learn About Microdosing

Hear from Marcia Gagliardi of mymilligram about her journey as a small business owner and share her expertise on microdosing with cannabis. The talk is being hosted on Apr. 22 by the San Francisco Public Library.

Alia Volz Book Signing

Author Alia Volz will be signing copies of her book, "Home Baked: My Mom, Marijuana, and the Stoning of San Francisco," at the Fisherman's Wharf Plaza on Apr. 23 from 2 to 4 p.m.

For more events and information, visit Evergreen San Francisco's official site.

http://www.MoscowCares.net

“A stranger is just a friend you haven’t met.”
- Roy E. Stolworthy