[Vision2020] Where Have All the Hippies Gone?

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Sep 18 05:14:44 PDT 2021

Where Have All the Hippies Gone?

Author unknown

I grew up a child of the 60s
Together my life and the hippie movement dawned . . .
Now when I look back at that time I wonder . . . where have all the hippies gone.

Those long haired tie-dyed idealists who walked around with our feet bare
who grew our own organic vegetables…who wore flowers in our hair.

Who sang and danced and laughed…who kidded and teased and joked
whose spirituality was enhanced by all that grass we smoked.
Who ate our share of granola…who drove an old VW van
who believed in peace and love and Woodstock…
and who would never listened to The Man.

Who were excited by the universe…who were filled with loving thoughts…
who lived for today and for each other and…did I mention all that pot?

Where have all the hippies gone? …all those innocent…free-spirited pups?
I imagine what happened…happens to every generation…we hippies all grew up.

http://www.MoscowCares.net

“A stranger is just a friend you haven’t met.”
- Roy E. Stolworthy