[Vision2020] Former National Security Council Official Fiona Hill's Politico Interview: ‘If He Makes a Successful Return in 2024, Democracy’s Done’

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 21:19:07 PDT 2021

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/10/08/fiona-hill-book-donald-trump-515660

Excerpt from interview:

Fiona Hill: Well, this is also part of this myth-making, as we’re well
aware: the perpetration of the Big Lie, and the turning of the people of
Jan. 6 into martyrs and also trying to rewrite the historical record in
real time. He is mulling again a return to what he sees more as a crown
than the presidency in 2024.

I feel like we’re at a really critical and very dangerous inflection point
in our society, and if Trump — this is not on an ideological basis, this is
just purely on an observational basis based on the larger international
historical context — if he makes a successful return to the presidency in
2024, democracy’s done. Because it will be on the back of a lie. A fiction.
And I think we have to bear that in mind. And I was hoping that with the
book, I might be able to reach out, because I’m not a partisan person, to
people who care very much about the United States and about its democracy
to really think about this long and hard.