[Vision2020] Unemployment benefits

Roger Hayes rhayesmoscowid at gmail.com
Thu May 20 09:54:50 PDT 2021

So Gov. Little chopped federal unemployment stimulus benefits from
Idahoans. The logic is that employers can't get people to work for them.
The "catch-phrase" used by a number of Republican states around the nation
is that "people don't want to work any more." Whether you like it or not,
we are a capitalist country. Whenever there is a scarcity of goods or
services, the cost of those goods and services goes up given demand.
Little, and his Republican cronies are putting their thumbs on this scale
in an effort to squash any increase in the federal minimum wage of
$7.25/hr. The minimum wage has remained at $7.25 since 2009. We all know
that the cost of a pair of shoes or a gallon of gas to get to work has not
risen since then. Right! Thanks Brad.