[Vision2020] Soothes My Soul

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu May 6 05:00:00 PDT 2021

Soothes My Soul
by Charles Messina

Remember when "Suzie" wore her dresses tight
When Elton John was Singin' 'bout "Saturday night"
Singin' bout the rocket man and his old blue jeans
While Arlo Guthrie sung a song 'bout a train down in New Orleans

Remember Led Zeppelin when they first came out
The Beatles were Singin' songs that would make you "Twist-N-Shout" Pink Floyd was Singin' "Money"- wasn't off the "Wall"
But "Mandy" hit the top charts...if I do recall

Talkin' 'bout the era 'round nineteen seventy-five
Right before the disco music came alive
I don't know 'bout you, but I still like my Rock-N-Roll
Jerry G. and Johnny Cash and Billy Joel

Bruce Springsteen's got my number when I'm "Out On The Streets"
Rolling Stones- "Painted Black"...has some really cool beats
Elvis Presley was an influence ...he is said to be the "King"
But Charlie Daniel's "That Devil" Well, he sure could sing

Meatloaf came about like a "Bat Out Of Hell"
Neil Diamond sung "Sweet Caroline" and he sang it well
The Doors sung a song 'bout "The Soft Parade"
David Bowie's "Space Oddity" really made the grade

Eric Clapton picking on his lead guitar
People say Jeff Beck was the best guitarist...by far
So many great guitarist's it's so hard for me to to choose
Johnny Winter and Muddy Waters sure can play those blues

Remembering all the music from the good old days
Jimi Hendricks Sang a song 'bout some kind of "Purple Haze"
Jethro Tull was Singin' songs 'bout a "Locomotive Breathe"
And Elton sung a song about "Diana's" death

Bob Seger sang a song..."That good ole...Rock-N-Roll"
Gotta love that music, that just soothes my soul
Remembering all the music from my younger years
So many great musicians- brings my soul to tears.

http://www.moscowcares.com/

“A stranger is just a friend you haven’t met.”
- Roy E. Stolworthy