[Vision2020] Home Sweet Home . . . 1976

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Mar 14 08:26:03 PDT 2021

Please excuse me, but I’m jus’ lookin’ back on old memories

For the longest time I thought “hootch” was an exaggeration from the show MASH . . . until Rodna and I lived in one from March 1976 to March 1977 while I was in the Army assigned to Headquarters Company, 802nd Engineer Battalion (Camp Humphreys -Anjong-Ri, Korea).

Here is a photo of our abode (the hootch on the left) . . .

http://www.tomandrodna.com/Photos/Army/Home_Sweet_Home_1976.jpg

Our “kitchen” consisted of a Coleman 2-burner stove and a cooler.  Rent was twenty dollars per month.

Some day I’ll share some memories of our experiences (most of them legal) in Anjong-Ri.

http://www.moscowcares.com/

“A stranger is just a friend you haven’t met.”
- Roy E. Stolworthy