[Vision2020] Connecticut Legalizes Recreational Marijuana

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 15:37:57 PDT 2021

Tuesday, June 22, 2021NIH study suggests a link between cannabis use and
higher levels of suicidal ideation, plan, and attempt.
Cannabis use may be associated with suicidality in young adults | National
Institutes of Health (NIH)
<https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/cannabis-use-may-be-associated-suicidality-young-adults>

An analysis of survey data from more than 280,000 young adults ages 18-35
showed that cannabis (marijuana) use was associated with increased risks of
thoughts of suicide (suicidal ideation), suicide plan, and suicide attempt.
These associations remained regardless of whether someone was also
experiencing depression, and the risks were greater for women than for men.
The study published online today in *JAMA Network Open* and was conducted
by researchers at the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), part of the
National Institutes of Health.
Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett

Courtesy of the *New York Times* at: