[Vision2020] Caturday (June 5, 2021)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Jun 5 05:16:48 PDT 2021

 "We cannot say for certain what might have caused her injury or how long she had been suffering for. But we are very happy that she and her little family are safe." Welcome to Caturday

Courtesy of the Ottawa Citizen (Ottawan, Canada) at)

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/lucky-the-cat-loses-a-leg-but-her-little-family-is-now-safe-humane-society?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

————————————————-

Lucky the cat loses a leg but 'her little family is now safe': Humane Society

Lucky may have lost a leg but she’s indeed fortunate after landing at the Ottawa Humane Society with her kittens now dubbed Star, Charm and Shamrock.

The mother cat, still nursing her kittens, was found last month with a broken leg, the bone piercing the skin, the humane society said in an appeal for donations Thursday.

An X-ray showed that her leg was beyond repair so it was amputated the next day.

“We cannot say for certain what might have caused her injury or how long she had been suffering for,” society’s chief veterinarian Dr. Shelley Hutchings said.
“But we are very happy that she and her little family are safe.”

They’re in the care of a volunteer foster family where Lucky will recover from surgery and raise her kittens.

Animal lovers can make a donation towards her care online or text a four-leaf clover emoji to 45678 to donate $5.

Photo . . .

A cat named Lucky, that was caring for three kittens, recovers after a seriously broken leg had to be amputated.
http://www.tomandrodna.com/MoscowCares/Caturday/Caturday_060521.jpg

“Caturday” by Linus Petit
http://www.tomandrodna.com/MoscowCares/Caturday/Caturday_by_Linus_Petit.mp3

http://www.moscowcares.com/

“A stranger is just a friend you haven’t met.”
- Roy E. Stolworthy