[Vision2020] Let Freedom Ring Out Loud

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Jul 4 05:06:10 PDT 2021

Let Freedom Ring Out Loud

by Jl Johnson

Forty years an American, Thirty years knowing what that means.
America The Beautiful, The Star Spangled Banner, Let Freedom Ring.
"Let Freedom Ring Out Loud", I say.
Ring louder than ever on this historical day.
Emancipation Proclamation was Lincoln's plea.
After four years of war the slaves were set free.
Secession from the Union brought to a halt,
Following years of segregation, Americans at fault.
Brave men and women risks their lives,
On their journey for true freedom and equal rights.
Living through hate, ignorance, unspeakable sins,
Simply asking to be judged as people, not the color of their skin.
On this day, I make special note.
August 26th, 1920 The 19th Amendment gave me the right to vote.
Not African American, American Indian, Only God knows what,
I consider myself an American Mutt.
Serving their Nation, My Grandfather, My Father, and now my son,
They serve not for all. But, for each and every one.
We've done it, without doubt one of our largest wins,
Today we watched proof of equality for all men.
No matter from where my family came, we are Americans just the same.
As an American, I've always been proud.
On this day I hear freedom ringing out loud.
Many people have died to make America's dreams come true.
Driven by patriotism carrying our Flag of Red, White, and Blue.
In stone, on memorials, we've printed their names,
Knowing not one of them have died in vain.
A piece of history, an awesome event.
Today a black man became America's forty-fourth President.
To happen in my lifetime, to witness this event, I realize
To the World, the powerful message we've sent.
This man, now our Commander in Chief,
Promises our Nation the changes we need.
Spirits lifted, moved by his speech,
Nations stood still to hear this man speak.
Millions cheered in a united mass.
Celebrating the now, future, and even the past.
So very proud of Americans, proud of this day, I stand with you all, saying,
"God Has Blessed The USA!"
Again I must say,
"Let Freedom Ring. Ring Out Loud Today."

http://www.tomandrodna.com/MoscowCares/

“A stranger is just a friend you haven’t met.”
- Roy E. Stolworthy