[Vision2020] We Dream Of Peace

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Jan 20 04:58:56 PST 2021

We Dream Of Peace

by Sandra Haight

We dream of peace on Earth…what is this peace
we yearn and pray for in our life? We think
of days when wars no longer threat or cease
our actions to enjoy our freedom’s link

to all God-given rights of man of Earth.
To live democracy as it should be;
each person has an equal chance from birth
to live without the fear of 'fight or flee'.

Perhaps we’re not evolved enough to see
that deep within we are no different than
wild species that engage in fights for food
or claim of land...ingrained since time began.

Someday we pray these patterns left behind,
instilled in us genetically in past,
will mutate to a higher level, find
more God-like ways to deal, make peace at last.

Though many live their days in harmony
with peace and love the center of their goal,
world leaders bear the cross of keeping free
all nations from disastrous wars and toll.

This dream of peace, perhaps not in your life
or mine, will this grand miracle ensue.
But on we march, endure the stress and strife,
and pray that peace on Earth someday is true.

http://www.moscowcares.com/

“A stranger is just a friend you haven't met.” - Roy E. Stolworthy