[Vision2020] Ahhh, thee memories . . .

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Jan 10 10:49:26 PST 2021

Back in 1971 . . . when I was in the Army assigned to Merrell Barracks (Nuremberg, Germany), the first two things I learned about Germany were . . . the drinking age of 16 . . . and the legal government-regulated sex industry.

Back then (and maybe still now), there was a district inside the old city portion of Nuremberg GIs nicknamed . . .

“The Wall”
http://www.tomandrodna.com/MoscowCares/Photos/Army/The_Wall_Nurnberg.jpg

Along the left side of the photo is a series of display windows where the ladies would display their wears (or lack thereof).

The average cost of a “session”, back then was 40 deutsche marks (a little over ten dollars) back then.  How do I know this, you ask?  Lucky guess (*wink* *wink*).

As part of in-processing when I first arrived at Merrell Barracks, a couple barracks mates took me out partying in Nuremberg, which included a tour of The Wall.

Ahhh, the memories . . .

http://www.moscowcares.com/

“A stranger is just a friend you haven't met.” - Roy E. Stolworthy