[Vision2020] ADV: Re: Fwd: City of Moscow Moves to Dismiss Charges - Corrected Story Contact

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 15:16:06 PST 2021

Given I have done zero in-depth research on the legal and
factual complexities in this case, I am merely speculating when I suggest
the City of Moscow may have been avoiding a lawsuit or other tedious court
proceedings in asking for dismissal of these charges?  Or perhaps just
trying to avoid the possible bad publicity or outrage this case might bring
into Moscow?

I think this news report as shown below refers to the incident in
discussion?

Anyways, amazing that little Moscow, Idaho became a subject of discussion
for the most powerful man on Earth, as some people describe the US
president!

https://www.kivitv.com/news/trump-tweets-about-an-idaho-anti-mask-event-makes-questionable-claim

In a comment with his retweet, Trump wrote
<https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1313823809150087168>, “DEMS
WANT TO SHUT YOUR CHURCHES DOWN, PERMANENTLY. HOPE YOU SEE WHAT IS
HAPPENING. VOTE NOW!”

The video depicts Christ Church members participating a “psalm sing” in
protest of Moscow’s mask order during the coronavirus pandemic. About 150
people attended, including Latah County Commission candidate Gabriel Rench
<https://www.facebook.com/Renchforcountycommissioner/>, who is shown in the
video being arrested by officers.

The Sept. 23 arrest was one of three that happened in the Moscow City Hall
parking lot, according to the Moscow-Pullman Daily News
<https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/coronavirus/article245989050.html>.
Of five people cited for violating the mask order, two also were arrested
for suspicion of resisting or obstructing an officer. The third, Rench, was
arrested but not charged with refusing to identify himself to police,
according to Moscow Police Chief James Fry.
Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett

So, it sounds like incompetent Supervisor Gary Riedner has failed *yet