[Vision2020] Illegal Immigration

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Feb 24 05:15:49 PST 2021

Illegal Immigration

By Whitney Albright

A Honduran man left his kids and wife
To give them all a better life
Of no more hunger, no more thirst
No more waiting on misery to spread worse
On an 18 wheeler, he sneaks a ride
For days on in he hopes and hides
Riding through America, land of the free
Turned out nothing like it seemed to be
For when he ran off after the truck stopped today
He found himself as a hopeless stray
He can’t get a job since he has an illegal name
And he won’t accept food since he’s so ashamed
The government, they won’t take him back
They say it’s too much money for them to stack
So, what of this man do you blame him at all?
The courage he held as he tried to stand tall
What would you have done to stop your families cries?
How far would you have went to stop hunger in your children’s eyes?
Would you go to the next country or two
To try and find something there for you
We have to look at him with our eyes and tears
And tell him we can’t help him here
Around the corner, he disappears
Why can’t we help him here?
A Honduran man left his kids and wife
To give them all a better life…

http://www.moscowcares.com/

“A stranger is just a friend you haven’t met.”
- Roy E. Stolworthy