[Vision2020] Republicans Forgive Liz Cheney for Having Conscience (SATIRE)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Feb 4 13:37:33 PST 2021

Courtesy of the New Yorker at:

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/republicans-forgive-liz-cheney-for-having-conscience

—————————————————
Republicans Forgive Liz Cheney for Having Conscience

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—After an extensive debate and much hand-wringing, House Republicans have decided to forgive Representative Liz Cheney for having a conscience.

The decision came despite the objections of a sizable faction of the G.O.P. conference, which warned that allowing the Wyoming congresswoman to possess a moral compass could set a dangerous precedent that other rogue members might follow.

“We Republicans have had the great good fortune of being unburdened by principles for as long as I can remember,” Representative Jim Jordan warned. “This could be a slippery slope.”

Hoping to silence such arguments, the House Minority Leader, Kevin McCarthy, characterized Cheney’s momentary flareup of rectitude as “an isolated incident.”

http://www.moscowcares.com/

“I’m a Card-Carrying, Bleeding-Heart Liberal”
http://www.tomandrodna.com/MoscowCares/Songs/Im_a_Card_Carrying_Bleeding_Heart_Liberal.mp3

“A stranger is just a friend you haven’t met.”
- Roy E. Stolworthy